[drupal-devel] [Fwd: other CMS's?]

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Wed Feb 2 12:27:13 UTC 2005

It's all about convenience and comfort.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: other CMS's?
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 02:04:44 -0800 (PST)
From: farsheed <tfarsheed at yahoo.com>
To: civicspace-community at civicspacelabs.org

Sorry if I'm bringing up an old subject, but I have a
question.  Recently my friend, a Linux guy, general
coder, and brainsy type fellow, tried to install
Drupal for his personal CMS site.  He had success, but
I think after tinkering with the image and taxonomy
module, grew impatient with the whole thing and has
now switched to Xoops.  I asked him why he made the
switch, and his answer was that he felt more
comfortable with Xoops, plus it had more modules to
play around with.

And that got me to thinking, why I am using Drupal?
Why do I spend hours a day tinkering with it? Why do I
put up with the frustrations and headaches?

So I'll ask you guys - why Drupal/Civicspace over
other CMS's?

Not to worry, I'm a loyal CS guy. But I thought it'd
be interesting to see what your responses were, and
maybe then I can convert my friend back...

-Farsheed