[drupal-devel] Howto enable webdav in your drupal directory

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 4 11:11:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Karsten Müller wrote:

> It was not too easy to make webdav work in my drupal directory while
> using clean URLs so I like to share these instructions.

Much appreciated. I've unsecessfully spnd half an afternoon at trying to
get this working myself...

> Note: Using webdav without SSL is probably a security risk...

More than standard http?

> Add this line to .htaccess just befor the RewriteRule line(s):
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !(^PUT$|^DELETE$|^PROPFIND$)

I think this is the key issue.

> Add these lines to your httpd.conf to enable
> http::/yourhost/drupal-source as webdav location:

If I read all this stuff right, you will now be able to modify Drupal's
files through webDAV. While this is probably interesting I think that
modifying and uploading files to Drupal through webDAV would be more
interesting. Eg image module would have an webDAV enabled upload
directory and retrieve uloaded files from there.

> <IfModule mod_dav.c>
>      Alias /drupal-source /home/www/shiatsu/test45.0xc.net/docs
>      <Location /drupal-source>
>          AuthType Basic
>          AuthName "drupal php"
> # change path to your path
>          AuthUserFile /path/.htpasswd

It would be interesting to let webDAV authenticate against the Drupal
database.

Cheers,
	Gerhard