[drupal-devel] Howto enable webdav in your drupal directory

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Fri Feb 4 11:47:08 UTC 2005

> If I read all this stuff right, you will now be able to modify Drupal's
> files through webDAV. While this is probably interesting I think that
> modifying and uploading files to Drupal through webDAV would be more
> interesting. Eg image module would have an webDAV enabled upload
> directory and retrieve uloaded files from there.

Indeed, but probably it would be better to implement a
webdav(ish) hook, webdav is a kind of file/version control oriented RPC.
Drupal does have the nessesary igradients to be able to implement it -
XML parser, php knows about post, put, whatever http requests,
we have the example of the BlogApi, Webdav is not too different.

A native understanging of DAV will allow updating any content by
submitting a file via webDAV.

The only missing ingredient is http authentication against drupal, that
is Drupal knowing and speaking the www-authenticate and authorization
http headers.

--
Vladimir Zlatanov <vlado at dikini.net>