[drupal-devel] [quick-fix] Patch to fix SQL error in Drupal 4.5.x version of weblink.module

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Thu Feb 10 21:22:14 UTC 2005


On one of her web sites, my wife Kathie found a bug in the 4.5.x version of
weblink.module. I tracked it down to a single incorrect variable reference;
apparently someone copied and pasted a block of code and changed all but one
of the variables correctly. (Haven't we all made that mistake? {grin})

The error happens when you have a "related" taxonomy item to something that is
in the weblink navigation taxonomy; the problem is on line 755 of the module,
where "$parent->tid" should be "$related->tid".

Anyway, it's a single-line change to the code for weblink.module. I found an
existing bug report (http://drupal.org/node/16008) and have posted the patch
there. I also committed the change to CVS for DRUPAL-4-5 (the "contributions"
tree, of course).

I hope I did everything correctly; this is my first patch committed somewhere
besides the "sandbox", so if I've messed something up, I apologize and please
set me straight. I did RTFM on the Drupal Contributor's Guide, so hopefully
I haven't made too much of a mess of things.

If there's anything else I need to do for this patch, please let me know.

Incidentally, I'm still working with Ber Kessels and Nic Ivy on an improved
weblinks "bundle" (several modules). I had five weeks of business travel,
then minor surgery this week, which set my schedule back a bit, but I am
actively working on it. :-)


Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them
scott at 4th.com          | having a bad operating system."    -- Linus Torvalds
http://4th.com/        | ("The Rebel Code," NY Times, 21 February 1999)
                       | PGP Public Key at http://4th.com/keys/scott.pubkey

More information about the drupal-devel mailing list