[drupal-devel] another taxonomy publishing module: cloud.module

Anselm Hook anselm at hook.org
Fri Feb 25 06:25:11 UTC 2005

Incidentally this has gotten me out of the woodwork on this one as well.

I've been working at CivicAction on a variety of odds and ends and one of
the first things I've done to learn php and drupal was to play with the
below taxonomy publishing module.  It actually is more aimed at publishing
taxonomies *and* content - but could be repurposed to publish only
taxonomies.

Much impressed with Sheldon's work and hopefully useful bits can be rolled
together.

Here is ours:

  http://dev.civicactions.net/cloud.module-0.01.tar.gz

I don't feel it is 'shipworthy' yet because there are known defects (Aldon
Hynes pointed out a few) - in particular the content is not being tagged
right so it does not show up on the target site as 'published'.  But I
thought I'd push it out there on a 'release early release often'
philosophy...  or perhaps 'embarass myself into actually fixing the
defects philosophy'.

Perhaps the biggest defect is that it is a random grammer I invented.  I'd
really like to use RDF/SKOS.... then we could publish to other CMS'es...
assuming they also followed some standard.

I have to learn how to put it into CVS still as well...

 - a