[drupal-devel] ShortStat for Drupal

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Thu Jan 20 19:50:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 11:53:27AM +0000, Paul Byrne wrote:
> Chris Messina wrote:
>
> >>Strange coincidence... I've just installed this on one of my drupal
> >>sites (babylonleaf.com).
>
> >So how did you get this installed and working? It is a simple setup?
>
> Yep. I had no problems installing it (separate to my drupal install) on
> a subdomain. The readme is pretty comprehensive, and I had no problems.
>
> Once the script was set up, to get it working with my site I have just
> added the lines:
>
>   /**
>    * support for ShortStat - should be moved into module
>    */
>   @include_once("/my/path/to/inc.stats.php");
>
> into index.php. Its a quick hack for now, and I mean to create a simple
> module to achieve this rather than hack a line into a core file.

Put it in includes/conf.php or sites/.../settings.php depending on what
Drupal version you are using. This is acceptible. A module would be even
better, but perhaps a bit overkill.

And yes, drupal rewrites the urls. You should pull up .htaccess and the
Apache manual if you want to figure it out. Or use the full url, which
is not rewritten because Drupal sees that something else is there that
it should not interfere with.

-Neil

http://civicspacelabs.org/
http://delocalizedham.com/