[drupal-devel] New sitemap module

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 00:50:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:36:54 -0800, Boris Mann <borismann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any reason you didn't update the existing sitemap module?

I had mine working for about 8 or so months now. It is based on the
obsolete taxonomy_dhtml module, but without the DHTML (too many
clicks). I kept it current from 4.4 to 4.5.

It was not in the repository at that time, and was a scratch your itch
thing for me.

I wanted to get rid of my sitemap module, if we can merge the features
in the other site_map module.

I tried doing so as you can see here http://drupal.org/node/12689 but
Nick was busy, or did not see this as necessary, or whatever.

> This seems very, very similar (yours is better, I think, but e.g. there are RSS
> links in the other one). I suggest that you combine forces with the
> other one.

Mine has the node listings, his has RSS. I know they overlap, but even
if we cannot merge them, then end users can chose from whatever one
they like.

> Also, I have always wanted an (expanded to some level) view of the
> book pages available. I would think that those are definitely part of
> a sitemap (I've never used taxonomy to structure site content, only to
> categorize).

I have no use for RSS myself, and my version of the module does
everything I need at the moment.

If anyone wants to jump in and do the following:

1. Add the book stuff you mentioned, and
2. Either put RSS in mine, or put node listing in njivy's module

I will be happy either way.