[drupal-devel] Drupal foundation / non-profit

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 08:02:26 UTC 2005

On 2-Jul-05, at 9:16 PM, Kieran Lal wrote:

> CivicSpace Labs is now a non-profit organization.
>
> Since all our code is Drupal code except install.php, the configure
> module, and soon to be obsolete Contact Manager.

*cough* install system *cough* :P

> We are about as close a match to a Drupal foundation as you are
> going to get.
>
> Does that work for you all?

Not unless you want to change your name to "The Drupal Foundation",
appoint Dries to lead it, and canvas the developer community to make
up the rest of the board :P

Seriously, Drupal needs its own independent entity, I believe. If you
want to funnel money from US donors, that might be something work
looking into.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com