[drupal-devel] more core comitters

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jul 29 09:20:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Tim Altman wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:27:06 +0200, Dries Buytaert
> <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 28 Jul 2005, at 19:35, Robert Douglass wrote:
> >
> >> I would also not be displeased if Dries and Steven appointed a third
> >> committer in a non-democratic fashion.
>
> [...]
>
> > I said this before and I'll say it again: the problem is not the
> > committing but the reviewing.  If people would spend more time reviewing
> > patches in a critical fashion, rather than semi-blindly adding a '+1'
> > without testing, that would come a long way.

Ack. But there are other problems too, see other mail.

> Have the changes in project.module from http://drupal.org/node/17052 hit
> drupal.org yet?

They did if that URL leads to what I think.

> If so, could we use different statuses to make it clearer which
> patches have been reviewed?  That could help make it clearer which
> patches are ready for commit and which still need reviewing (if
> that's even part of the problem).

Dries, Nedjo, and I intended to discuss the setup of additional
statuses etc. but didn't find the time yet. If you or anybody has a good
proposal to make, speak up. I think that the less statuses you add the
better we'll like it.

Cheers,
	Gerhard