[drupal-devel] warnings for bootstrap.inc and common.inc

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Tue Mar 1 08:14:57 UTC 2005

Negyesi Karoly wrote:
> bootstrap.inc
>
> drupal_unpack, line 489 $field is not used and as it has a default value, we
> can nicely delete it.

-1.  It is not used in core, but it is used by forms.module.

> common.inc:
>
> error_handler, line 379 the parameter $variables seems to be not used in
> this function

+/-1. The error_hanlder() function is a PHP callback set using
set_error_handler().  Consult PHP's documenation on set_error_handler()?

> _fix_gpc_magic, line 392 $key is not used.

+1. Looks like $key can be removed.

> form_file, line 1354 $error is used but I have not seen where it is
> initialized. Maybe this should be $name?

+1. $error should be $name.  That would be a bug.

> Shall I continue with more files?

Sure, but filter out the false positives.