[drupal-devel] data caching

Carl McDade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 12:03:16 UTC 2005

That code is from an old drupaldocs.org download.

I was thinking that the call for all functions could be cached. The
cache would be the usable function calls. If and when a function name
contains 'extend' then it would overwrite the original. Example
$function_hook is loaded to cache, if and when $function_extend_hook is
found then its name would be changed to $function_hook and it would
overwrite any previous version.

This way if you wanted to use and extend a core or contrib function in a
module it could be done without actually going in and coding the
extended functionallity.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2001/10/11/pearcache.html?page=2

The example uses a database function call but I believe any type can be
used.

Carl McDade