[drupal-devel] RE: drupal-devel Digest, Vol 26, Issue 144

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Wed Mar 2 14:40:46 UTC 2005

Aldon Hynes wrote:

>I just loaded the taxonomy_xml on a couple of my sites and despite a few
>tweaks I suggested to Sheldon, I really like it.
>
>As to Djun's comment about a repository for contributed taxonomies, I think
>that is a great idea.  It does beg a question that has been going around
>about what taxonomies do people have in common and want to share.
>
>One of the key ones that I find I repeat over and over is a location
>taxonomy.  Right now, http://www.bloggercorps.org has a nice location
>taxonomy with several countries, and for the United States and Canada, it
>breaks things down to the 50 states and the ten provinces.  Anyone who wants
>to grab that taxonomy should feel free to take it from
>
>http://www.bloggercorps.org/taxonomy_xml/1
>
>If anyone wants to expand on that taxonomy, they should feel free to create
>a userid there or login with their Drupal id, and drop me a note.  I'll give
>you access to enhance the taxonomy.

Small nits: the name taxonomy_xml is not very descriptive, nor is the URL

http://www.bloggercorps.org/taxonomy_xml/1.  I had to look up the module's project page to understand what it is about. Also, Firefox does not recognise the contents of that URL as XML because the content gets served as application/octet-stream.