[drupal-devel] [feature] More improvements to forum help language

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Sat Mar 12 11:24:38 UTC 2005

Morbus Iff wrote:

> * Never use location in documentation or help instructions. The stuff
> may be "below" or "above" your help text now, but that doesn't mean it
> is always going to be like that (ie. prevent the possibility of future
> "incorrect" documentation).

I think user readability and clarity should take precedence over such a
minor maitenance issue.

> * You didn't do a spellcheck. What's "apporpriate"?

I will fix this.  But I think you can guess what the word is supposed to
be, can't you?  Why the sarcasm?  I'm a grown man not a schoolboy.  From
now on, please simply tell me: "You misspelled 'appropriate'"  It's
shorter and not insulting.

> * I don't like the use of the word "many". It's extraneous, not
> finitely defined, and ultimately garbage.

I like it.  It's succinct and everyone know what many means.  I'm not
writing an engineering text book, I'm writing a helpful, user-friendly
paragraph.

Thanks for taking the time and offering your other suggestions.  I will
incorporate them into the next revision.