[drupal-devel] files folder error

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Tue Mar 15 13:47:34 UTC 2005

Morbus Iff wrote:

> By shipping an empty files/, we get:
>
>  a) go to admin pages.
>  b) read permissions warning. curse.
>  c) change permission

You can even skip that curse by pointing out in the install file that
they need to change the permissions.  This was my 3rd and smoothest
drupal install yet, so it particularly annoyed me.  ;p  There should be
no warnings like that out of the box.

I think the reason that they don't give a default files directory is
perhaps safety...  technically, the way it is now, you can put files
wherever you want.  It may not be desirable to have everyone put it in
the same place.  Even so, it seems to be required, so it should be in
the install text.  :)

Anisa.