[development] Re: [CS dev] Help with a CivicSpace Theme Layout... (Read it, you know you want to! :)

Ber Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Mon Nov 14 20:59:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:45:57 +0000
Justin Davies <justin at buddyping.com> wrote:

> You have to bear in mind that IE users on the Mac are used to
> websites not working properly.  Not because the designers do it
> wrong, but because the browser is sh*t.

This, is very true! but still, to me it just "feels wrong" to leave people drown in their own sh%t, because they made the wrong choice :).

Indeed, we hunted for alternatives on older macs for IE 5.5 and ended up with self-compilable firefoxen, or oddly configured lynxes. But I am not sure if /I/ should bother about these couple of poor bastards :). I dont even "officially support" ie 5 for windows anymore. as of this month!

Does anyone know any? Id love to point some users to them.

But to me, this chapter is closed with: get these poor folks a foudantion, donate some funds to get them a non-MS browser and stop nagging aboout that horribly broken one.

Ber
--
            Bèr Kessels                          Drupal services
            bler.webschuur.com                   www.webschuur.com
            ber at jabber.webschuur.com