[drupal-devel] what do you call a rose?

Steve Dondley sdondley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 11:21:13 UTC 2005

> So, yes /I/ am the one translating the techy interface language towards my
> users. the end users (people reading the latest kernel news, editors adding
> content etcetc) should only read and see what I as developer leave there for
> them: pure non techie terms.

But what is true for you is not true for others.  I work with many
clients who are on a very restricted budget.  They can't afford to pay
someone to translate technical jargon into more understandable terms.

Also, there are many, many places within Drupal where help files and
terminology commonly used by end-users ("weight" is a good example),
is unnecessarily hard to grasp.

--
Dondley Communications
http://www.dondleycommunications.com

Communicate or Die: American Labor Unions and the Internet
http://www.communicateordie.com