[drupal-devel] Re: what do you call a rose?

Daniel Nilsson bengibollen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 14:39:57 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> It is like that car: I only drive in it, and do not need to know how the
> engine works, but I /DO/ hope the guy at the garage knows what a piston is,
> and how my engine works.
> So calling that piston a 'thingy that makes the engine go vroom' is good
> enough for me. But not for the engineer. Likewise, calling a taxonomy *tree*
> 'site categories' is fine, but the administrator, who makes these trees,
> needs to know how the stuff works and thus needs some education, and thus
> will learn what a taxonomy is and does.  Teaching him about 'categories that
> can be hierarchical and interlinked' is harder then telling him to read some
> stuff about 'taxonomies'.

Just because taxonomy is changed to categories in the UI doesn't mean it
must be completely eradicated from the manuals. So when the
administrator read the handbook, like any good administrator should do,
and get an explanation that says that this 'thing' actually is an
taxonomy, he will probably get an idea what to look for to learn more
about this in general.

.danne