[drupal-devel] reviews needed

Chris Cook beerfan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:41:38 UTC 2005

On 10/4/05, Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> wrote:
> > I just asked two people (my fiancee and my 18 year old sister to be
> > specific) and both told me that a URL is a 'web address'.  They didn't
> > knew what a 'path alias' is, and could not place it either.  Maybe it's
> > a language thing, but in Belgium the acronym URL is understood by many
> > people and almost as common as 'e-mail' or 'chat'.
>
> Exactly right: a web address. Is "about" a web address? Cos that's
> what we're asking people to type in, not "http://drupal.org/about".

I would reiterate that we are not asking the user the enter a URL. The
help text makes it clear (or should) that only a path is to be
entered. The 'custom URL' is the the path by which the node will be
accessed and IS a URL.

That being said, I think the latest patch could use some improvement
in the wording of the prompt text. I'll post my comments in the bug.