[drupal-devel] reviews needed

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Wed Oct 5 11:18:10 UTC 2005

> You're lucky if you can get users to read the help text let alone
> try to understand some arcane formatting they've never seen before.

I am a big advocate for usability, but you can only bend over backwards THAT far. If they don't read the information, it's their problem. Sorry. As for the formatting, that is not so unfamiliar. A lot of websites have been doing this for years now.

> It would be much better to put that text IN the input field and ask
> the user to complete the URL. Then strip that text back out again
> before saving the field.

What exactly is the difference? With "our" way You have <text><textfield>, with your way you have "<text:textfield>". Exactly how is this really going to make it more usable?

> Even better again to suggest a complete, default URL for that node
> and asking the user to confirm it.

Welcome to pathauto.module.

Kobus