[drupal-devel] permissions page

Stefan drupal-devel at istyledthis.nl
Sun Oct 9 09:41:11 UTC 2005

Op 8-okt-2005, om 16:35 heeft Karoly Negyesi het volgende geschreven:

> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:35:36 +0200, Dries Buytaert
> <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 07 Oct 2005, at 22:58, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>>
>>> I don't like the idea of having text as images. Doesn't scale.
>>> Also, if
>>> you scroll down onthat page, you still won't know to which role
>>> you are
>>> assigning perms. I think my solution is simple, accessible, and
>>> solves all
>>> problems.
>>>

>> I don't like having text as images either.  It's awkward and bound
>> to be a theme nightmare.
>>

> Not with my solution as we do not theme this page to save space.
I don't think that not theming a page is a a solution.. We should be
consistent in what we do, and I really agree that the current method
sucks.
But, I really like the idea[1] of Chris Johnson. Can't we use that?
Usability wise it's the best approach we had till now and I _really_
think this is a big, big improvement before we should consider a RC
for drupal 4.7.
On the other hand I think it's also better to be consistent in doing
this approach.. Then, I think we should layout all table headers this
way, or find another approach..

[1] - http://lists.drupal.org/archives/drupal-devel/2005-10/
msg00229.html

Hope to hear some feedback from you guys...

Stefan