[development] Organic Group Enhancements

Angie Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Mon Apr 17 07:33:15 UTC 2006

I've created a forum post here: http://drupal.org/node/59082 which outlines a
set of Organic Group enhancements CivicSpace Labs is starting for Raven Books of
BuyBlue.org.

Since it's a long post and I know you all are busy people, I'll sum it up for
you. ;)

- Allow "tiered" levels of organic groups with different permissions assigned to
members of each type
- Allow organic groups to each get their own set of taxonomy terms to play
around with
- Add the ability to upload a custom logo to group home pages (rather than
switch the whole theme)
- Add an additional option for block visibility to show within groups
- Group-based calendars
- The ability to search for groups in the same state

I'm sort of "cross-posting" this here because in addition to community feedback,
I would really love to get feedback from developers about the initial
assessments of approaches we've chosen, and whether or not there are more
efficient ways to accomplish some of these. So I appreciate any help/guidance
anyone can give.

-Angie