[development] Awesome form building UI

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Apr 18 19:53:03 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 18 april 2006 19:24, schreef info at urbits.com:
> I think what jjeff has done so far with S/P Ajax is a great start. Is it
> possible that this is put forward as the recommended AJAX implementation
> for other modules to use? I think this would provide a better focal point
> for cool stuff than what I currently see in the community.

A / the problem with Drupal community is that Drupal loves to erinvent some
wheels, simply because we ca nmake weels that fit better. On top of that, its
very undrupalish (but IMO not a good thing either) to implement some toolbox
that is only used for a very little part.
If you look at core you will see that at least 80% of the functions and
features in there are used in core. That is a huge gain since 4.6, which had
barely any APIs that were not directly in use.

I do not mind choosing prototype or one of the other toolboxes around, but I
doubt this will
* get into core (see above)
* be used much in contribs if its not in core.

It would be a first step, though, towards making Drupal more of a CMF!

Bèr
 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net