[development] Drupal Test Suite

Thomas Ilsche ThomasIlsche at gmx.de
Sun Apr 30 17:38:57 UTC 2006

Hello Nimish,

thanks for your input. I am really interested in this testsuite.
I have tried TestGen4Web myself and it looks promising. However I
think there are still alot of additional tasks to do with the
autogenerated test.

For example a simple registration test looks like:

   $this->get("http://localhost/projekte/drupal_head/");
   $this->assertTitle("drupal");
   $this->clickLink("Create new account");
   $this->assertTitle("user account | drupal");
   $this->setFieldById("edit-name", "testacc1");
   $this->setFieldById("edit-mail", "testacc1 at example.com");
   $this->click("Create new account");
   $this->assertTitle("drupal");

- The get url has to be replaced by url() usage to work also on
  different setups
- The edit fields should be replaced by random names.
- clickLink should be wrapped by t(), this might be done by
  DrupalTestCase
- Imho there should be more assertations, especially for wanted
  Drupal messages (account created) and unwanted ones (access denied)
- Some generated assertations will be based on setup, e.g. sitename.

How much manual work have you done with the autogenerated tests?

--
Best regards,
 Thomas                            mailto:ThomasIlsche at gmx.de