[development] Strip out theme functions into a .theme file

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Fri Aug 4 13:28:13 UTC 2006

Doing good benchmarks is the right way to determine the impact of this kind of
change.  And as Bèr says, the kind and use of the system upon which the
benchmark runs is important.  Although I am 95% sure fopen() does not do any
kind of locking, his point is still valid.

Note also that any decent filesystem is going to be caching file handles
(directories and inodes on most *nix filesystems), so repeated openings of the
same files is way fast compared to the first open off disk.  Such a variable
is yet another reason to benchmark and to describe well the host situation
under which the benchmark was run.

I'm glad to see so much activity on improving Drupal's performance!