[development] New Themes for New Drupal

Andre Molnar mcsparkerton at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 15:03:38 UTC 2006

Trae McCombs wrote:
> You can't design by committee.

Let me set the record straight.

1) The lullabot team aren't amateurs and there is no question about
their potential ability.
2) I agree Design CANNOT be done by committee.

The proposal was for an open and transparent bidding process where all
design teams could participate and have a chance at wowing the world
with their skills - and get paid for it.  Lullabot would (I assume) be
one of the bidding parties.

I never suggested that all design ideas be put to a vote.  I suggested
that a vetted list of proposal be presented to the community (perhaps
the top 3 or 4 candidates from the vetting process).  The whole point of
an RFP process is to separate the wheat from the chaff - and to provide
transparency in the process so that community dollars are spent in a way
that doesn't show favourtism.

Thats all.

andre