[development] Seems I need to take sandbox in my own hands

Dave Fletcher fletch at splendora.com
Sun Dec 17 15:43:48 UTC 2006

Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:
> Well, if you already know you don't want to support it, then you are
> welcome to keep it for yourself. The often advocated idea "but I want to
> share my code" is quite pointless if the code is unusable.

I would like to point out an actual example where this happened. VotingAPI
Field sat in webchick's sandbox "dead" for months. Seeing it I was inspired
and a real project was born from those humble beginnings. So I completely
disagree that it is pointless, even if the code is unusable as-is. If that
code wasn't sitting there on that Friday night when I started, the project
never would have happened.

Now perhaps this doesn't happen often, and my case is an enigma. However, I
seriously believe that this action could kill some useful future projects!

Cheers,

--fletch