[development] Story vs Page - Again

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Dec 22 15:14:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> In 5.0, you can define your own type, or delete story if you don't like
>> it.
>
> That is too obvious.  I think page should be locked and not allowed to be
> deleted so that the end user doesn't screw himself.

Earnie, you see we are moving to "user defined content types" from "you
need to hack code or database directly to do that"? Do you also understand
that by locking down the page type, you say that every Drupal site on the
planet needs that type, and will have that type listed on search
refinement pages, on content creation pages, etc? Or we go back to "you
need to hack code or database directly to remove that type".

Gabor