[development] Story vs Page - Again

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Dec 22 15:15:22 UTC 2006

On 12/22/06, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Having two content types, even though identical in fields, provides more
> > flexibility in workflow. For example, one can be moderated by default,
> > and have comments on by default, the other can be not so.
> >

> But page and story have no difference as installed.  So perhaps story
> should be installed with no comments specified.  If it were there would
> at least be a difference between the two.  Maybe even have the "Create
> a new revision" set for story.

Lots of options. As stated,  we can now programmatically set these things in
default.profile. So we will.

> In 5.0, you can define your own type, or delete story if you don't like
> it.
> >

> That is too obvious.  I think page should be locked and not allowed to
> be deleted so that the end user doesn't screw himself.

LOCKED is another value that is available. "So the end user doesn't screw
himself" isn't connected to anything else. If I'm just using blogs and have
no "pages", I'd want it deleted.

In any case, I posted issue #'s earlier in the thread. I'll be hangin' out
there.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747