[development] Story vs Page - Again

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Fri Dec 22 20:14:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 22:54 -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> One of the things that has bugged the snot out of me is this story and
> page module.  Not seeing a difference I went looking for what it the
> difference might be.  Then I find a post by Steven Peck
> http://lists.drupal.org/archives/documentation/2006-08/msg00063.html
> that say basicly nothing.  Certainly that is what appears to be.  What
> is worse is they are both turned on and both can be deleted from the
> content types.  I think that now page should be on by default and not
> allowed to be deleted; it becomes the require content type.  I think
> that story should be removed from core and maintained as a contributed
> module as an example of how node modules can be created.  I think doing
> these will help remove confusion from the beginning Dural experience.
>
> Earnie

There are a couple of reasons its advantageous to have both similar
modules as a starting point for users. Their differences are their
conceptual role in your website, which will lead to different templates
for each, and different functionality enabled through nodeapi for
each.

The new world of drupal nodes will all have these vague lines of
differentiation that will mostly be defined by the site configuration,
theme. It just means more flexibility.

.darrel.