[development] Story vs Page - Again

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 26 18:18:21 UTC 2006

Quoting Cog Rusty <cog.rusty at gmail.com>:

> They only "work the same" from a developer's perspective. For an end user
> who will be using them to submit content, different workflows can make a
> huge semantic difference. 'Page' (or 'static page' or 'site page', if you
> prefer) is for building your site while 'story' (or 'user posting' or
> 'posting') is for adding daily content. Of course if the developer's
> perspective was what mattered most, then both these default content types
> could be scrapped.

It was from a new user perspective that I started this thread and there
is no apparent difference from the end user point of view as delivered
(at least with HEAD).  As delivered they "work the same" regardless of
whose perspective you use.  There is no mention of workflow in the
content type (or should that be node type) administration page nor in
the page and story descriptions.  I could see no difference in the
workflow when I viewed page vs story content submissions.  In fact the
story content type description makes little sense with regard to the
story page submission form.

Earnie