[development] Re: Update pathauto to Drupal 4.7

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Thu Feb 16 17:52:15 UTC 2006

> A -1 for inclusion in core as it is. We need the
>   *functionality*
> in core, but certainly not in this particular imlpementation.

I guess I also need to disclaim: "please refrain from voting on issues
that are not up for vote". Also, we no longer cache all aliases at start
of request. Let's not spread FUD.

Storing 100,000 aliases is likely no longer a performance problem. I
don't think that will be much slower than storing 100 aliases since the
table is indexed on path. Benchmarks would say so definitively.

I'm not against some token system but I don't think it is necessary.