[development] Stuff

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:37:54 UTC 2006

Looks like there are two issues here, and two decisions that need to
be made.

1. Shall we call CVS HEAD Drupal 4.7.0 or Drupal 5.0.0?

    Decision: we'll call it Drupal 4.7.0.

    Both 4.7.0 and 5.0.0 are flawed in one way or another, both are
subject to opinion, we can't make everybody happy.  Drupal 4.7.0 is
inline with our release history, and the least disruptive change.

2. Shall we release a 'beta 5' or a 'release candidate'?  Or; would
we be comfortable shipping with the current set of known bugs?

    List of critical bugs: http://drupal.org/project/issues?
projects=3060&versions=9902,9842,9753,9728,6487&categories=bug&prioritie
s=1&states=1,8,13,14

    Decision: undecided

    I won't release a new beta or RC this week.  This week, I'll
focus my efforts on (i) the drupal.org upgrade and (ii) reviewing/
committing patches.  Let's make a decision by the end of the week and
release early next week.  Many of the critical bugs (see URL above)
have patches that need to be reviewed, or that need to be worked on.
Let's all focus on those, and decide based on this week's activity!
I'm sure many of those are fairly straightforward to get in.  Some of
those might be around for several releases, and are probably less
important at this point.   (At the time of this writing there are 48
critical bugs left.  That should give us a number to compare with.)