[development] enterprise needs

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Feb 25 10:11:31 UTC 2006

Op zaterdag 25 februari 2006 06:16, schreef Benson Wong:
> I got pretty tired of having to manually go through and recreate the
> DB's for drupal, reimporting content, re-enabling my modules, setting
> the themes, etc. So I wrote a drupal bootstrapper. Basically it would
> automate the process of configuring a clean source tree all the way up
> to my configured website.

Maybe you want to look at sympal_scripts? Maybe you want to even contribute
there? It sounds you aer pursueing the same as I do.

 http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/tricks/sympal_scripts/
 http://drupal.org/project/sympal_scripts

Next up there: fixtures[1]: store the status of a site (content, vars etc) as
PHP code (not in XML, not in SQL, not even YAML, but the language we all
speak: PHP), for easy reimport. Great for distros. Even greater for
development environments or testbeds.

[1] http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/ActiveRecordYamlFixtures
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]