[development] enterprise needs

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Sat Feb 25 10:30:01 UTC 2006

Benson Wong wrote:
>>Most people don't start by rewriting large parts of core.
>
> True, but it does pretty much what I need it to do. That last mile,
> support for multilingual content is a deal breaker for me.

You're not the only one here. If this is where your itch is, please,
don't go away. Apply your skills to solving this problem. There are many
who have worked on the current implementation (i18n), some who have
proposed alternate implementations (Gerhard has ideas for basing
language support on node revisions), and lots and lots of people who
also need i18n as a core feature. You'll get lots of feedback, help and
support (and probably criticism, too) if you work on this --- it is
bound to be exciting. So take this as a personal request... help us
develop Drupal for multi-lingual sites.

-Robert