[development] Drupal and i18n, the holy grail?

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Sat Feb 25 15:26:37 UTC 2006

Op 25-feb-2006, om 16:10 heeft Bèr Kessels het volgende geschreven:

> Op zaterdag 25 februari 2006 15:47, schreef Adrian Rossouw:
>> Remember that just because you can override any setting doesn't
>> mean you will be able to from the interface. You still need to
>> actually
>> have a form element to capture the setting for that specific layer,
>> although you might just change the default layer that things save to.
>
> My, personal shot at this, is to use less on-site configuration and
> more real
> PHP.
> A block defined in a hook_block can have a t() around its title. A
> block added
> trough the online interface has no translation options. Same for
> menus, node
> types, etc etc etc. Another reason not to lean too much on online
> configuration, but rather build your site with normal PHP files.
And how about usability???
Only building your site with PHP-files doesn't improve that in any
case, only making it even worse..

Stefan