[development] enterprise needs

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun Feb 26 18:22:11 UTC 2006

> Where we often differ is in our culture of backward compatibility.
>  From day one, I decided not to care about backward compatibility and
> it has been one of our core values ever since.  (However, we only
> break your code, not your data.)  Either you like that, or you
> don't.

Just to be clear, we did not do this for no reason.

The reason for not maintaining backward compatibility is stop this
as a  hinderance for innovation.

As painful as upgrades may be, the disregard for compatibility in
core is one  of the main reasons Drupal continues to develop new
features, refactor existing ones, and be cutting edge, yet nimble