[development] CVS accounts

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Thu Jan 5 08:38:24 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Chances are that the cvs.module's import code suffers from some bit
> rot so if someone wants to prepare or test the cvs.module's import
> code, that would be much appreciated.

It would be helpful if there were some really good documentation on how
to use Drupal to run a site like Drupal.org. I'd have to work pretty
hard to set up the project module and cvs.module with my current skills,
and not knowing exactly how Drupal.org runs and operates is another hurdle.

Drupal is a vastly successful project. Part of the reason why it is
successful is the infrastructure that has been created to support
development and participation. It seems to me like this infrastructure
would probably work well for a number of other projects as well, yet
I've never heard of or seen anyone running a setup like Drupal.org.

Maybe we'd get more people involved in the tools like project and cvs
modules if we made it easier to set up other projects and sites with
Drupal.org infrastructure. This would take a bit of documentation and
marketing.

cheers,

Robert