[development] CVS accounts

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Fri Jan 6 05:45:47 UTC 2006

I think that Robert's idea, and Boris' amplification, are excellent.

I've started working a little on this, from the other side of things,
namely, the mythical 'new user'.

I've spent some time writing descriptions of how the interaction
between user ("I've got  a problem that's bugging me"; or
"I found a bug!") and  project ("Drupal.org/the community")
works.

The idea is to create easy entry, and easy navigation,
kind of  like the great signage at Schiphol airport ("Make it
hard to get lost")

This would help in promoting the proposed
"install profile/recipe" because it would present
the story in two parts:

    1. Here are the processes, protocols and mechanisms
     that the Drupal community uses to work together

    2. Here is the technology recipe required to support 1.)

I think that this approach is useful because

     - it's difficult to understand the machine if you don't
know what it's used for;

     - some of our own community (I myself included) really
don't know what's going on with respect to 1)  - clarifying
this would help make the process clearer, easier to use,
modify if necessary, and tune.   One way to improve
Drupal.org performance is to save needless clicks.

     I know that there have been great efforts made to
simplify issue tracking for users already - my main effort
to this point has been trying to document the issue
reporting/tracking process.

      Eventually I'd like to see this lead to fewer
bad issue reports.

      Suggestions are welcome :)

      Djun