[development] Evil hack: admin/modules without memory restrictions

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 22 17:28:23 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, Allie Micka <allie at pajunas.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2006, at 10:38 AM, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>
> >> If we mandate that each module should have its own directory
> >
> > Yes, we do. So far, it seems only Steven does not agree with us in
> > this.
>
> Has anybody talked about using "functional" folders?

If you mean on the admin/modules and admin/settings pages, then yes,
this is something I thought of. If we have "system" or "drupal", then
groups that are categoriezed (much like RPMs on Red Hat for example:
Internet, Games, Development, Office, ...etc.)

So, if we have drupal, community features, ecommerce, admin tools,
misc,  ...etc.

Again, this can be a settings in the modulename.ini file

    category = 'Site tools'

The trick is what hierarchy we put in place, and agreeing on such a
basic hierarchy.

If you mean we group the directories to be like that, then I disagree.
Modules already have a place under sites/default/modules,
sites/sitehostname/modules or (if we implement it) sites/all/modules,
each in its own directory. Things that depend on other modules (e.g.
ecommerce contrib) can be under their main module.