[development] Drupal 4.7.0 roadmap

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Jan 26 17:09:59 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 25 januari 2006 17:21, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> we have a long way to go. so
> i say beta4.

I say beta 4 too. A release candidate gives too hight expectations, IMO.

* First: people will expect a real release soon after. We cannot guarantee it.
In fact, I think we all have the same gut feeling that a real release is
still rather uncertain, in a near future.
* Second: A lot of rather big new patches went in. great! But untill we know
if they did not introduce new issues (or actually really fixed them all), we
cannot really esitmate the amout of time and effort needed for a stable
release. After another betha, we should be more secure about all this.
* Thirdly: I -personally- beleive there are really too much bugs still open to
release. Eventhough they are no showstoppers, still the queue is very long.
And consider those listed, to be the bugs that were actually contributed, and
found. We all know that the amount of not-reported (or not yet found) issues,
is probably a lot bigger. A beta will bring these issues to drupal.org; which
is good. But it will also mean a lot of duplicate bugs, support issues and
other (distracting) work.

Ber -beta 4 - Kessels

--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |