[development] Re: fixed project releases

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:42:22 UTC 2006

On 1/27/06, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com> wrote:
> Op donderdag 26 januari 2006 22:17, schreef Karoly Negyesi:
> > Won't fix. I will stop fixing core bugs if I need to wade through 4.3beta
> > issues marked as CVS.
>
> Wont fix, indeed. When I wade trough the (very) old bugs, approx 80% of them
> are actually duplicate, fixed or won't fix.
>
> Is it possible to mail out the status changes of each issue to subscribed
> people?
> That way all people who feel like it, can re-open them. If someone takes the
> hassle of re-opening, it must be a real bug!

This is standard policy in the Mozilla project to simply "wontfix" any
bugs that are older than a certain amount and haven't had a new
comment in a certain number of months - occasionally controversial,
but standard and eventually the people who dislike it end up liking
it.

They have a similar problem with the "is this CVS from 2002 or CVS
from 2006" situation, but I they use "trunk" or specify which branch
it is on.  Then, when they make a new branch bugs (try to) get
reviewed and split between that new branch and trunk.

Greg