[development] FAQ Module . . .

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Jan 27 21:41:13 UTC 2006

On Jan 27, 2006, at 12:13 PM, Jason Flatt wrote:

>  is anyone else is headed down this path as well?  If so, maybe we
> can collaborate, or at least minimize duplication of effort.

We need to work on this for the Drupal community.  I also have
several commercial deliverables that I need to deliver this for on
commercial Drupal sites.

I talked to Roland from Byght about this and he indicated that we
should give people as many options as possible to contribute to
support.  Let's look at support generally.

Forums work well for Mambo and Drupal.

Mailing lists and handbooks work well for Drupal.

Forums integrated with mailing lists work well for CivicSpace Labs.

Wiki's work well for WordPress and CiviCRM to provide support.

Categories are important for organizing information on a website.
Tags work well for users who want to categorize information.

Fergus is working on a module to promote content to book pages that I
think will be powerful for the handbook.

Voting on responses is a popular model for encouraging reputation
building or identifying effective responses.

I have been toying with building a 4.7 site to do it all and see what
sticks and then refine.  I suspect each user support base will have
different needs and could be customized off a base combination of
modules.  I am definitely interested in collaborating.

Cheers,
Kieran