[development] FAQ Module . . .

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Jan 27 21:53:45 UTC 2006

On 27-Jan-06, at 12:31 PM, Khalid B wrote:

> What would the FAQ module have that book.module cannot do?
>
> To create a FAQ today, you list the Q and the A, save the node, then
> click outline, then assign a top level. Repeat with the rest of the
> questions, but assign the top level page as the parent.
>
> As a bonus, you get a side block listing all the FAQs for you.

Well, to be fair, the book module is not quite the same thing as a
dedicated module. As well, while for some questions you can just use
the title, and use the body for the answer, this doesn't always work.

> Unless you want questions by users and answers by the site, and for
> this use the question.module ...

The question module needs a fair bit of work. It might form the basis
for some interesting FAQ work. There are a ton of things that could
go into such a module.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595