[development] Hello from another developer/Want to add some features

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Sun Jan 29 15:23:01 UTC 2006

On 29 Jan 2006, at 3:36 PM, Robert Douglass wrote:
> This statement really makes me think that either you're going to
> benefit greatly from the CCK work, or you're going to make the CCK
> work completely redundant.
Yeah. it's definitely going to embrace the CCK work and get some of
it into core. Essentially the input/output/validation layer, but not
specifically focusing
on the data layer (ie: the actual saving and reading from the database).

The part that makes the forms api so complex right now is the fact
that we are representing two different data structures, within a single
multi-dimensional array.

1 : field definition, which is essentially what we are validating
against, and populating from the request..
2 : structure, which is essentially fieldsets and tables and things.

The single most complex function in forms api is _form_builder()
which essentially recursively steps through the form array, and creates
a field definition array from the element definitions.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy