[development] Modules: The Hit List

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Sat Jul 8 13:53:10 UTC 2006

> Heck, no reason we can't ship with 3 install profiles that are
> mainly config bundles in core. Community, pro blogger, and brochureware
> seem like obvious choices.

that sounds nice, but in practice I doubt it will work. the modules that a
pro blogger will want won't all be in core. same for brochureware and
community. those will be crippled distributions.

the notion that drupal.org becomes a major distributor is lousy IMO. i
prefer the linux kernel model with distros like red hat and suse and such

anyway, enough debate about vaporware. the install patch is here:
http://drupal.org/node/68926. There has been no progress in a couple weeks
so lets try to push it forward.