[development] Modules: The Hit List

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sat Jul 8 16:54:19 UTC 2006

Mark Fredrickson wrote:

> Let's ignore the front-end issue for now. Can we get a feed.inc? For
> starters it can just pull out the feed parsing from aggegrator - but
> it would be nice if it could also provide some feed generation
> features. eg. create_feed(array($node1, $node2, $node3));
>
> I'll take a crack at it if people think it is worthwhile.

Personally, I do think it's worthwhile; this wouldn't *remove* aggregator from
core (and in fact, I'd probably actually keep aggregator, just with most of it
moved to feed.inc and then aggregator.module kept as a simple implementation of
it) allowing contrib modules to utilize feed.inc and add fancy bells and whistles.