[development] Patches 4.8 - New Theme

Trae McCombs traemccombs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 03:47:32 UTC 2006

On 7/10/06, sime <info at urbits.com> wrote:

> Hi Trae,
> Sorry for not linking the previous thread "Patches":
> http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2006-07/msg00115.html

tx read below please...

Trae McCombs wrote:
> <snip>
> > Making a pretty design (I prefer inkscape btw. ;)  Is an easy thing to
> > do.  Having a sane base that all themers can use to build thier theme
> > is what we should be solving.  I worked for a while on this with Ted
> > (m3avrck) and Robin (mozillaman)
> > and we didn't get very far.
>
> What I would like is to avoid discussion "implementation" and "sane
> bases" and "building on". All that can come later, and will come, and
> will be good. My agenda is moving focus of discussion to what is missing
> from core. *I think* that a "good looking" theme is missing, something
> that puts Drupal's on a "sexiness" par with Joomla.

You are putting the cart before the horse.   Noone can build a pretty theme,
it's too difficult, unless you are Steven Wittens (he bud!) who is a PHP
Gawd along with his massive knowledge of the drupal theming systems.
Someone like myself, who knows CSS and can do graphics is at a
disadvantage.  That is why we need the base theme so we can all simply start
hanging pretty stuff on skeletons.

But here, you have provided a candidate "inkscape", that is what I'd

Inkscape is an application.  :)  http://inkscape.org/

--
    Trae McCombs || http://occy.net/
  Founder - Themes.org // Linux.com