[development] Download statistics for core

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Fri Jun 2 15:45:06 UTC 2006

Corey Bordelon wrote:
> On 6/2/06, *Gerhard Killesreiter* <gerhard at killesreiter.de
> <mailto:gerhard at killesreiter.de>> wrote:
>      > I noticed that you don't have the stats for the 4.7.0 release.  It
>      > would be
>      > interesting to see how many downloaded it compared to 4.7.1.
>
>     36693 for May
> Combining the number of downloads for both bugfixes (some may not have
> had time to update to 4.7.1, but just went straight to 4.7.2), it comes
> out to 9406.  That means that only 25% of the people that installed
> Drupal 4.7.0 in May are following  up with the security fixes.

Statistically speaking, it does not.

Probably the easiest way to "patch" is to get 4.7.2
and overwrite everything.  We don't have any data
on how many people are doing that (and can't get that
data anyhow).

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org