[development] Staging content to production servers

Boerland, Bert bert.boerland at getronics.com
Thu Jun 15 20:29:29 UTC 2006

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: development-bounces at drupal.org namens Greg Knaddison - GVS

> I've worked in environments where it was a strict requirement.
> Relatively few people had access to the production servers, but we
> made changes on dev, tested the migration path when moving them to
> test-environment and then IT would promote things to pre-prod and (if
> successful) to production environment.

We are talking two different thing here.

All big sites have a Dev, Test, Accept and Prod environment. But that is regarding configuration / application.

Having a staging server for content (what does it look like, are the links working, do all the right users see it in the right way) is typically CMS 1999 way and can be skipped IMHO with workflow in a real CMS.