[development] How about changing localization to language? Or ...

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Fri Mar 3 19:42:53 UTC 2006

Hmmm.

I agree that l10n ...etc. is confusing, and too geeky for other people.

It really depends on how we define it. language is only part of
the picture here. The same language can be used in too different
locations, but each has a different set of currency formats, date
formats, ...etc. So, localization is a step over and above language.

If we include currency, date, number format, then it is localization.
If we do not, we can use "language", if we consider things like
Brazilian Portuguese being different from Portugal's Portoguese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalization_and_localization